This is a quick and simple recipe that my family loves. I like to whip this up if I am having company because the presentation is nice. I have rolled spinach, different cheeses, hams, whatever I have on hand. This time I made it the way it originally was given to me. You can also make a sauce to drizzle over the top. I have used a cream sauce, cranberries, whatever your heart desires!
Chicken Peppy Roll-ups
2 Tbsp. butter or margarine
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
4 slices Swiss cheese
- Melt butter in glass baking dish
- Place chicken between two pieces of plastic wrap, lightly pound to flatten.
- Remove top piece of plastic wrap. Place one slice of cheese over chicken, and then 8 slices of pepperoni over the cheese.
- Roll chicken up, secure with toothpicks. (try and keep your count consistent throughout, to keep track when serving)
- Roll chicken in melted butter then in seasoned bread crumbs to coat. In a baking dish arrange roll-ups to form a hollow circle for even cooking. Cover loosely with foil and cook at 375 for 30-40 minutes till cooked through.
- Allow to stand five minutes before serving.