As Chris would say. Can you EAT that? Then of course he went off on the neighbors goats. Do you think they milk their goats? Could you make goat cheese out of their milk, and then he decided that was a thought he didnt even want to think about. So… with that the pizza building started.
I found a pizza dough recipe on allrecipes that had 1,034 reviews, with 4 1/2 of five stars, figured it had to be good, and so there was the canvas for the pizza. Thank you Jay for your signature pizza crust (picture above), turned out beautiful. From there I was led to another post by LauraKE from the same sight. Normally I would have used leftover chicken or bought a roasted chicken from the store and added barbeque sauce to that. The unique cooking style and flavors of her recipe along with the goat cheese add a nice blend of flavors. This is definitley a keeper. So here ya go starting with the pizza dough.
Because all the ingredients are cooked, it is best to prebake the dough.
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast and brown sugar in the water, and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Stir the salt and oil into the yeast solution. Mix in 2 1/2 cups of the flour.
- Turn dough out onto a clean, well floured surface, and knead in more flour until the dough is no longer sticky. Place the dough into a well oiled bowl, and cover with a cloth. Let the dough rise until double; this should take about 1 hour. Punch down the dough, and form a tight ball. Allow the dough to relax for a minute before rolling out. Use for your favorite pizza recipe.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). If you are baking the dough on a pizza stone, you may place your toppings on the dough, and bake immediately. If you are baking your pizza in a pan, lightly oil the pan, and let the dough rise for 15 or 20 minutes before topping and baking it.
- Bake pizza in preheated oven, until the cheese and crust are golden brown, about 15 to 20 minutes.
Unbelievably Awesome Barbeque Chicken Pizza
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 skinless, boneless chicken breast half
- 1/4 cup barbeque sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) package pre-baked pizza crust
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat the sesame oil in a skillet over medium heat. Place the chicken breast in the skillet, and top with 1 tablespoon barbeque sauce. Cook 10 minutes, turn, and top with 1 tablespoon barbeque sauce. Continue cooking 10 minutes, until juices run clear. Cool slightly, and cut into chunks.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining barbeque sauce and marinara sauce. Spread evenly over the pizza crust. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Arrange cooked chicken chunks and red onion slices over the top.
- Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove from heat, sprinkle with cilantro, and let sit 10 minutes before slicing.